Terms & Conditions
You are reading a legal document which is the agreement between you, the Customer (whom we refer to as “you”, “your” or the “Customer” in this document) and us. We are French Perfumes PTY LTD trading as Myperfumeshop.co.za and we are the owner of this website. We are a company registered in South Africa with our physical office ‘No 14 Groevenbeek Street, Constantia, 7848 Cape Town’ (and we refer to ourselves as “myperfumeshop.co.za”, “we” or “us” or “our” in this document). Our company registration number is 2011/102831/07.
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products listed on our website [http://myperfumeshop.co.za] (our site) to you via our subscription service (Products). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from our site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. All amendments to these terms and conditions will be posted on-line. You may terminate this Agreement by written notice to us (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) if you do not wish to be bound by such new terms and conditions. However, continued use of the Service or the Website will be deemed to constitute acceptance of the new terms and conditions. You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
- 1. SERVICE/PRODUCT AVAILABILITY
- Our site is only intended for use by people in the SADC.
- 2. BY PLACING AN ORDER THROUGH OUR SITE, YOU WARRANT THAT:
You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
you are at least 18 years old;
you are resident in one of the Serviced Country; and
you are accessing our site from that country.
- 3. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
- 3.1 After placing an order online, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Product has been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- 4. CONSUMER RIGHTS
- 4.1 If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract at any time within seven working days, beginning on the day after you received the Products. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy (set out in clause 8 below).
- 4.2 To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing. You must also return the Products to us within 10 business days at your risk and expense. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
- 4.3 Details of your statutory right of cancellation, and an explanation of how to exercise it, are provided in the Dispatch Confirmation. This provision does not affect your other statutory rights as a consumer.
- 5. AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY
- Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation or, if no delivery date is specified, then within 10 days of the date of the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- 6. RISK AND TITLE
- 6.1 The Products will be at your risk from the time of delivery.
- 6.2 Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
- 7. PRICE AND PAYMENT
- 7.1 The price of the Products and our delivery charges will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
- 7.2 Product prices include VAT.
- 7.3 Product prices and delivery charges are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
- 7.4 Visa and Mastercard (Credit cards with CVV code) and EFT are the accepted payment methods on myperfumeshop.co.za
- 8. OUR REFUNDS POLICY
- 8.1 If you return a Product to us:
- 8.1.1 because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the seven-day cooling-off period (see clause 4.1 above), we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day you gave notice of cancellation. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full, excluding any applicable delivery charges. However, you are responsible for the cost of returning the item to us (see clause 4.2).
- 8.1.2 or any other reason (for instance, because you have notified us in accordance with clause 19 that you do not agree to a change in these terms and conditions or in any of our policies, or because you consider that the Product is defective), we will examine the returned Product and will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund. We will refund the price of a defective Product in full, any applicable delivery charges and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
- 8.2 We will refund any money received from you via checkout using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
- 9. WARRANTY
- We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us through our site will, on delivery, conform with its description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of that kind are commonly supplied.
- 10. WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- 11. NOTICES:
- All notices given by you to us must be given to email@example.com. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in clause 12 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
- 12.TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- 12.1 The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assignees.
- 12.2 You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- 12.3 We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
- 12.4 It is at our discretion to renew monthly subscriptions.
- 12.5 We reserve the right to pass on data generated – yet anonymous – to specially selected third parties for research purposes.
- 13.EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
- 13.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
- 13.2 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- 13.3. strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action; 13.2.2 civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- 13.4 fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- 13.5 impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- 13.6 impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and
- 13.7 the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- 13.3 Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- 14. WAIVER
- 14.1 If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this will not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and will not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- 14.2 A waiver by us of any default will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- 14.3 No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with clause 12 above.
- If any of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 16.ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- 16.1 These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to the subject matter of any Contract.
- 16.2 We each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither of us relies on any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these terms and conditions or the documents referred to in them.
- 16.3 Each of us agrees that our only liability in respect of those representations and warranties that are set out in this agreement (whether made innocently or negligently) will be for breach of contract.
- 6.4 Nothing in this clause limits or excludes any liability for fraud.
- 17. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 17.1 We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities.
- 17.2 You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
- 18. LAW AND JURISDICTION
- Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by South African law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- 19. PRODUCTS
- Some product have been imported without the approval or licence of the registered owner of the trademark. No manufacturers warranties/guarantees and/or after-sales support in respect of such goods will be honoured by any official or licensed importer of such goods.